Make a booking
Residencia Universitaria Baños de la Reina, Sevilla (Seville)
Accommodation in Seville - shared rooms for people of the same sex, no older than 30 years old.
Other properties near here
Click any of the room types below for more details.
- 19th century buildings
- Breakfast included
- No smoking
- Free broadband access
- Games pitches
Food and Drinks
- Continental breakfast (included)
- Lunch available (at additional cost)
- Dinner available (at additional cost)
- Recommended walks
- Pub (walking distance)
- Museums (walking distance)
- Museums (a short drive)
- Historic houses
- Recommended restaurants (walking distance)
- Theatre (walking distance)
At Baños de la Reina we have created an environment, which is both welcoming and dynamic. The complex is located right in the heart of Seville and is composed of a classic refurbished courtyard house with a lovely terrace and two very well lit Andalusian Patio. We offer 17 twin rooms, 5 triple and 3 single rooms. Almost all of them have an ensuite bathroom, except one twin and one single, which share a bathroom between them. The building is located in the San Vicente district, which is known in Seville for containing the houses and palaces built by the Sevillan bourgeoisie during the economic height of the city in the 19th century. It is therefore qutie a historic part of the city, with great artistic value. It is very quiet and more importantly, very central.
We offer an environment based on simplicity and elements of every-day life, so the residents feel like at home. The result of this is relatively minimalist but very welcoming rooms, functional facilities, a touch of design and great lighting, making this a typical Sevillan house but in keeping with modern demands.
The name is owed to the nearby "Baños de la Reina Mora" national monuments in calle Baños, which is named after it also. They represent the region’s pinnacle in terms of building Turkish baths. They date back to the 9th century, from the Almohad dynasty and remained active all throughout the Christian conquest of the city. They are also seen as a symbol of the mixture of different cultures, which would one day become Andalusia. They are due to be restored and will soon open to the public.
Please note: unfortunately we are unable to accept guests of over 30 years of age, with no exceptions.
Food and Drinks
During the academic year (September to June) we offer a full board service, based on mediterranean cuisine. This is available six days a week, from Monday to Saturday.
It includes the following:
- Breakfast: toast, olive oil, butter, marmelade, pastries, coffee, milk, various juices, etc.
- Traditional lunch: guisos, various dishes, desserts and fruit. The menu consists of a a two course meal, dessert and bread.
- Dinner: generally a light meal, cream soups, various dishes, yogurts and fruit. Just as for lunch, the menu consists of a a two course meal, dessert and bread.
The meals are served in the dining room at a specific time.
We also work with external companies, which specialise in menus for vegetarians, gluten-free diets and those with lactose-intolerance.
Grounds and gardens
The typical Sevillan patios are the very heart of the residence. They offer a relaxing atmosphere with plenty of natural light.
Our communal areas are designed to reinforce the welcoming environment of the property and to make the residents feel at home. All facilities are a mixture of the modern and the traditional and are easily accessible.
According to the local regulations which govern establishments like ours, and providing a secure and risk-free atmosphere, the common areas are available to all residents and to management, if they choose to utilise them for any activities that they deem will be beneficial. We have a lift and rooms adapted for people with reduced mobility. We also offer sports facilities two hours a week.
- Dining room: spacious and with enough seating capacity to make the meals very enjoyable.
- TV room: common area with sofas, audiovisual equipement and a small library to pass the free time.
- The patios: typically Sevillan, these are the heart of the complex and offer plenty of light and a relaxing environment.
- Office: everything required to heat up a meal or snack.
- Laundry: with card-operated washing machine and dryer. There is also an external washing and ironing service.
- Roof terrace: an ideal place to relax in fresh air with sun loungers and shower.
Arrival information and how to find us
Address: BAÑOS DE LA REINA MORA SEVILLA, S.L., C/. Miguel Cid, 25, Sevilla, Seville, 41002, Spain
Check in: 14:00. Check out: 10:00.
We are located very near to la Plaza de la Gavidia, next to El Corte Inglés, which offers many cafés, shops and other services.
The piblic transport system links us very well to the rest of the city:
- Buses: nearby bus stops - numbers 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 24, 27, 32, 43, B2, B5, C1, C3, C4 and C5.
- Long distance buses: Estación Plaza de Armas bus station is located 5 minutes away by foot.
- Metro: 5 minutes’ walk.
- Sevici bike hire: several stations nearby.
- Taxis: there is a taxi rank at plaza de El Duque, which is only 2 minutes’ walk away.
More photos of Residencia Universitaria Baños de la Reina, Sevilla